You seem to have a really good taste when it comes to music. haha I've been listening to Sufjan Stevens because i was curious who he is, its probabaly because of your flickr... the "dear sufjans" display name. Lol anyways, will you recommend some indie bands just like the type of sufjan, beach fossils, oren lavie, and bombay bicycle club? Thank you so much! (:
I’m on Twitter as sufjansaves too. Pretty cheesy, right? Anyway, I’m glad you decided to try his music out! I hope you started with his earlier material since his latest album, Age of Adz, is a whole new sound compared to his banjo-heavy/folk days. Not saying it’s bad. It’s just really, really different is all. (Fave songs for comparison - Earlier songs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 this song has TONS of versions, but this is my personal favorite; Age of Adz: 1, 2, 3). He’s put out a lot of records, but my favorite is still the Michigan album because the first few songs I listened to and fell in love with are in that album.
Some of my favorite things to talk about: mafia films, science fiction, Sufjan’s adorable gap tooth, and music!
Just a note: the music I listen to is generally the sombre/quiet/sleepy kind (save for a couple others, mostly Captured Tracks artists) so this list will most likely be populated with sad to not so sad songs. Some of these are artists I haven’t posted about much in the past few months.
Your photographs look amazing. Am a big fan of your concert photography. How do you do the soft light effect on your photos? Do you use a Lightroom preset?
Thank you, anon! I use Photoshop actually. For the concert photos (I’m assuming you’re referring to the ones from the Beach Fossils show), they came out that way because of The Echoplex’s incredible lighting. It’s the best venue I’ve ever shot in so far. All I did in the end was sharpen them up and adjust the contrast or convert to B&W. :)
Where are you from?
Proudly from the islands of the
Hey, well I noticed you go or went to NYFA and I'm actually thinking about applying there so I just wanted to ask if you like the school, and what courses are you taking there?
I took the two-month filmmaking workshop actually. I had the best time at NYFA and I met a lot of amazing people there. Most of them have become my closest friends. I think the best part about it is the network of filmmakers and actors from all parts of the world that you get by the end of the program. Also, you get surrounded by like-minded people who basically have the same goals and dreams as you and it challenges you to do more, more, more.
You won’t regret it. The programs are all very intensive. Even Saturdays and Sundays are very busy for NYFA students, but it won’t feel like work because you’ll enjoy every bit of it. :)
Anonymous asked: is your hair naturally reddish/brownish/whatever color that is?
- Nope. My hair’s natural color is black, but I’ve dyed it sooo many times already. :s
Anonymous asked: What ISO do you use to take pictures ?
- It highly depends on what I am taking pictures of so I’m afraid I can’t give you a definite answer. But generally, people use higher ISO for lowlight subjects and lower ISO for brightly lit subjects.
Anonymous asked: Hi! Did you know that your tumblr takes some time to load? I know it’s a long shot, but can you please change blog layout? I really love your tumblr it’s just that sometimes I get bored while waiting for it to load. Thank you!
- I am aware of this as I’ve tried accessing my site several times using friends’ computers. However, I am much too in love with this theme to let it go. If I find something worthy, then I might just consider it. It is the New Year’s after all. Thanks for the heads up though! :)
Anonymous asked: do you personally know @migs88?
- Yes! We went to the same university in Manila and he’s one of the ex-crushes as well. Haha. He’s pretty awesome.
Anonymous asked: What camera are you using and lenses? I adore your photos btw :)
- Thank you. :D I use a 5D Mark II and I’ve been using the 50mm f/1.4 a lot since I got here since it’s light and handy. I also use the 17-40mm f/4.0 when I can. :)