A, D, L, R
A. My last relationship ended because despite realizing very, very early on that we probably didn’t really like each other that much, we kept on going. We barely got along. I still think he’s a talented human being and I’m happy/unsurprised he’s succeeding in his career. He’s terribly hard working and deserves it all.
D. My parents’ final separation was really tough. It changed my whole life and my perspective on a lot of things.
L. I’m quite insecure about my place in anything - in the world, in my friends’ lives, in my career, in my relationship, in absolutely everything. I always need to reassure myself that I am right where I should be and no one’s actually secretly hoping I’d GTFO.
R. Sharon Van Etten’s “Afraid of Nothing”
What songs would you recommend to a hip hop/rap newbie?
Do you have any travel questions?
I occasionally get travel-related questions in my inbox which I am always happy to answer in private. However, I’d like to do a longer post compiling everything for Restless Cities. Got anything you’d like to know? Ask me and my writer HERE!
can you recommend some good movies? thanks!
- Doubt (2009)
- The Loneliest Planet (2011) if you can sit through it. It’s a real test of your patience. I don’t love it, but it has its merits.
OR WATCH BLACK MIRROR SERIES 1 & 2 BECAUSE IT’S AMAZING.
Hello! What do you plan to do with withstrangers dotcom?
I am no longer renewing it! My blog can be accessed through rozettediaz.com/blog from now on. :)
I’ve run out of books to read. Any recommendations?
Check here and here to see what kind of books I like. I’m pretty much open to anything right now though.
1. themermaidmap answered: the people of paper by salvador plascencia - Done. Thanks!
2. hellomynameiskimmi answered: how was that james franco book? - Sadly, not that great. :| Really disappointing!
3. juanalikesmusic answered: Essex County-Jeff Lemire, that is a graphic novel; if you like short stories Bestiario-Julio Cortázar and the novel The Tunnel-Ernesto Sábato - Thank you! I’m headed to the bookstore in a bit and will check those out.
iPhone app suggestions?
Also, add me on Instagram: sufjansaves !!!
What is/are your favourite love song/s?
I have way too many, but here are some:
- "A Case Of You" by Joni Mitchell
- "Painting By Chagall" by The Weepies
- "Thrown Right At Me" by The Tallest Man On Earth
- "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones
- "How Can I Tell You" by Cat Stevens
- "Lost In You" by Lior
- "I Can’t Seem To Make You Mine" by The Clientele
- "I Belong In Your Arms" by Chairlift
- "Invisible" by Wild Beasts
- "The Book of Love" by The Magnetic Fields
- "Love Is No Big Truth" by Kings of Convenience
When I’m in a bad mood, I love listening to “God Help The Girl” by God Help The Girl or “You Must Be Out Of Your Mind” by The Magnetic Fields
I could honestly make a playlist just full of love songs because I am a sap. Email me if you want more.
Do you go to concerts alone?
Or have you had to in the past? What are your “survival” tips for those who aren’t brave enough to do it yet?
Hi, Zet. How did you find Like Crazy? (this is related to that anon question where you said that this film ruined you :D)
It was just super depressing, you know? They went through so much for something only to realize in the end that they didn’t want it anymore. Whywhywhy?!
It was heartbreaking and it gave me incredibly heavy boots. I’m still a bit haunted by that shower scene in the end.
It’s based on the director’s life though with his first wife. They’re both stupid. They could’ve had a happy marriage if it weren’t for that stupid slip in the beginning.
Hello ate Zet, umm, I was just wondering if you know any cool birthday songs? thanks! (:
"Birthday" by Quietdrive, "Happy Birthday" by Ryan Adams, "Unhappy Birthday" by The Smiths (this one’s just funny), "Birthday" by The Bird and the Bee, "Birthday Pony" by Fugazi, and last but NOT least… "Happy Birthday" by Sufjan Stevens. :)
EDIT: As pointed out by Marvin, I forgot to add the best one of all, “Birthday Sex” by Jeremih HAHA
What are the top ten songs you love to listen to when you're on a plane?
Sometimes, songs that are related to the place I’m going to like “Los Angeles, I’m Yours” by The Decemberists back in 2008 (it was my first visit). Sometimes, songs that help me get to sleep. It’s hard to list down just ten songs since it usually depends on my mood really.
I’ve made three travel mixes here: 1. I Won’t Be Found, 2. Departures, 3. All The Places We’ll Go To. Enjoy!